When a private northeastern university’s firewall was approaching its end of life, IT leadership decided to upgrade and replace their existing Cisco infrastructure to that of a Palo Alto Networks (PAN) Next-Generation Firewall. The partner, a nationally- recognized Systems Integrator was awarded the contract, knowing that would require quality service offerings to deliver an end-to-end PAN solution.
The partner knew a strategic project of this caliber needed an expert security engineer, one with both the technical and consultative aptitude to implement the industry-leading Next-Generation Firewall into the customer’s complex and regulated environment. The partner needed the support of an experienced, PAN certified, security engineering team to deliver quality services.
Infinite was able to provide the resources needed to complete the project. Together, the University’s IT leadership and Infinite’s team clearly defined the business objectives outlining the implementation of two PAN Next-Generation Firewalls within an aggressively scoped time line. Infinite assigned a security engineer and project manager to deliver the PAN solution and manage the project from end-to-end. Infinite’s team worked diligently to capture the necessary information before going on-site to ensure the primary and backup sites on the university’s campus were ready.
The technical services delivered by Infinite’s team included:
- Network design and planning to ensure specifications and customize attributes for each device are being deployed in accordance with the Palo Alto
- Network Support Matrix
- Implementation and configuration of PAN solution using best practices methodology
- Test and validate components to ensure accuracy of communication
- Knowledge transfer session to enable the customer to manage the device and understand reporting capabilities
Infinite’s team met the business requirements and successfully completed the project on-time and under budget.
The university did not experience any downtime and not one support call was placed by the University’s personnel during the implementation.
As a result the systems integrator captured additional services revenue, but also earned the university’s status as a trusted technology partner.
With Infinite’s help, the partner continues to:
- Deliver service excellence utilizing Infinite’s seasoned engineers with specialty skill-sets
- Win deals and maintain account control
- Provide high-end engineering, project management and implementation services across a wider solution set without additional ramp-up costs