Special Orders Don’t Upset Us
A national systems integration company was awarded a large deployment opportunity, but needed a single contracting organization to help fulfill the contract. The customer was a nationally recognized restaurant chain with a large wide area network (WAN) infrastructure rollout: more than 250 sites to be deployed along the East Coast in in 90 days.
The job required consulting expertise to develop the integration and deployment plan, as well as configuring the core network devices to work with a newly deployed WAN. The systems integrator didn’t have the necessary technical expertise to implement the solution within the aggressive timeframe given by the restaurant.
The systems integrator selected Infinite Resource Solutions to provide a turn-key solution to meet the deadline. Infinite’s high level of expertise and experience with data center design and consulting on complex networks provided confidence to the systems integrator that the project would be complete on time.
Infinite supplied a range of services and expertise for the project, including:
- High-end solution design
- Engineering services
- Device configuration services
- Equipment and scheduling logistic
- Project management
The customer was more than satisfied with the outcome: A successful implementation with state-of-the-art infrastructure design delivered on time and on budget. Due to the success of the project, the restaurant expanded the scope of the project, adding more sites for roll-out and engaging the systems integration in subsequent work.
Beyond a successful implementation, the engagement yielded benefits for both the restaurant chain and the systems integrator:
- Customer didn’t need to hire to fill gaps in competencies for the WAN rollout
- Systems integrator was seen as a strategic partner for the successful and aggressive deployment
- Partner now positioned to handle additional infrastructure projects with the restaurant chain
- Infinite and the systems integrator continue to successfully collaborate on projects.